Filed under: Uncategorized | Comments (3)
That one little word completely sums up my day!
It all started off with the shower.
I was in the shower first thing this morning enjoying my peace and quiet before any children woke up. I go to reach for the shampoo bottle and an extremely large wolf spider climbed out from underneath it! My first reaction was to scream and then to figure out how to kill it. There was a cup in the tub and it ran right into it. I put a little soap and water in with it thinking that would kill it. I was wrong. They can swim. So by now I have kids moving around because of my scream. So I yelled for one of them and had them dispose of our guest outside.
All of the bathroom commotion caused me to get behind. So I asked Ben to help Jacob get dressed. I laid the clothes out for Jacob and went to finish getting ready.
The morning went pretty good. I had the exterminator come out to spray my house down in hopes that it will get rid of all these spiders. So far so good.
Then it was nap time for the twins. Emma proceeded to take her clothes off and diaper a good 5 times after I laid her down. So needless to say a nap did not happen today.
So off we went to pick up the other kids from school. Since they did not have a nap – Eli screamed the whole way to the school and while we sat and waited for the boys. Still not exactly sure what that was all about.
As I was watching Jacob walk to the car, I noticed he had on the same shirt he wore yesterday! I guess it wasn’t such a good idea to let Ben help him get dressed. Ugh! They probably thought “what an awful mother! She made her kid wear the same thing he wore yesterday!” Oh and did I mention that today was picture day??
That brings us to returning home where Emma proceeded to continue taking her clothes off. I finally gave up and just put underware on her. She hasn’t had an accident but she also hasn’t used the potty.
I proceeded to try to order some Halloween costumes after supper. This was a complete failure due to the company’s site. So after a half an hour of being on the phone with this company while kids were screaming in the background I still didn’t get them ordered.
These children have been wild and I have never looked so forward to bedtime! And bedtime arrived early tonight.
Silence has never sounded so good!
Filed under: Our Life | Comment (0)
One word I don’t like to hear is change. It makes me nervous and sends me on an anxiety roller coaster.
Yes, that sounds crazy to most of you, but to me it is perfectly normal. Why change things when they are working so well?
We are going through lots of changes over here. The hubby has his new job and with him being gone it has turned everything upside down.
I am sure everyone is tired of hearing about this major change in our lives but it is very real and hard for me. I know it could be a lot worse, but it is our change and it is turning my world upside down.
As if we didn’t have enough changes – I went and enrolled back in college (which starts tomorrow! Eeek!) it is going to be hard to juggle school and all my hundreds of other obligations but we will make it through.
We will make it through all of these changes as a family. I am lucky to have such great kids. I am extremely happy and proud of my hubby for getting his new job to take care of our family. Change can only bring us bigger and better things!
Filed under: Uncategorized | Comments (14)
The topic for Monday Listicles week is Guilty Pleasures. So here we go!
1. Judge Judy: Don’t ask me why but I LOVE watching her. I record every episode (which is 3 times a day) and watch them when everyone has gone to bed or layed down for a nap. Yeah, I have to cause no one else is a big fan like me.
2. German Chocolate Cake: This has got to be my favorite cake in the world! Actually it is mainly all about the icing but the cake is good too!
3. Silence: Yes, I look forward to every evening when there is complete silence in my house. It is so nice after listening to kids scream all day!
4. Social Media: Yes, I am constantly checking my FB, Google+ and Twitter all day long. You never know I may mi
5. All You Magazine: I absolutely love this magazine and it is a definite must as soon as it hits the news stands!
6. Photography: I love looking at peoples pictures they take! The professional and the unprofessional. And when I get the chance I love to take my own pictures.
7. Reading: I love to read. I don’t always have time but it is one of my favorite things to do!
8. Blogs: Yep, I am addicted to finding new blogs and reading them. You should see my Google Reader! It is overflowing with blogs to read!
9. Soup: I love soup and could live off of it if I could convince my husband that he would really like soup if he would only try it. Since he is going to be MIA due to his new job, me and the kids will be eating a lot of soup!
10. Fall: I love it when it is just starting to get cooler and you have to pull out the sweatshirts and jeans. Of course in a couple of months I will be complaining that it is way too cold!
There is my list! You can make one too! Follow the link below and start your own list!
Filed under: Blog Hops | Comment (0)
I should be working but instead I’m writing this blog. I have procrastinated all day. Looks like I will be staying up a little later tonight. I have been doing a little of this and a little of that all day.
I did hem 5 pairs of pants for the hubby that he needs for work. It’s actually the first time I have hemmed anything. Quite proud of myself.
I am thinking it is going to be a long night anyways because my back is already hurting and I haven’t even gone to bed yet. For whatever reason my back has been hurting the last 4 nights where I got my 5 epidurals! It’s been two years since my last one so I’m not sure why it is so tender there and hurting all of a sudden.
Well that’s enough procrastinating. Back to work I go. Have a great Sunday!
Filed under: Our Life | Comment (0)
As I was coming out of the bathroom last night something on the floor in the hallway caught my eye.
At first I thought it was a cricket, but soon found after I moved it ran way and was way too fast to be a cricket.
It was a very LARGE spider! And before I could even react to get something to kill him, he ran under the door into the twins room. I knew if I opened up the door to find him he would run even more and I would never find him. Of course it would have also woke up the twins!
So, the next morning I go in the bathroom to take a shower. By this point I had totally forgotten about little guest from the night before. As I pulled back the shower curtain there he sat on the edge of the tub!
I froze and started looking around to see what I could smash him with because I knew I only had one chance before he took off running again. Luckily my husbands shampoo bottle was close by.
Needless to say this little uninvited guest is no longer with us.
I am really looking forward to colder weather so the spiders go away!